SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Monday, October 01, 2007

Desperate Housewives' Rather Insulting Remark about Medical Schools in the Philippines

I got an email from Rob Klaproth this morning that points to a scene in a recent episode of well-known TV show Desperate Housewives, which he and his Filipino boyfriend found offensive and racist.

In this particular scene, Susan Mayer Delfino, played by actress Teri Hatcher, is talking with her doctor, which, I presume, is her OB-Gyne. She then tells him this line which marked the spot:

Okay, before we go any further, can I check those diplomas? Coz I would just like to make sure they are not from some med school in the Philippines.

You can listen to the 56-second MP3 of the dialogue that Rob sent me, which I uploaded on my Multiply.

Continue Reading ยป

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home