SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Uhm, help?

My brother has this incredibly annoying homework "about" Philippine Topography, and because he now has a PSP to keep him busy after school (so much that he hasn't turned on the desktop, and his addiction to this site called Mig33 has waned), he's not interested in doing it.

Enumerate one mountain (bundok), volcano (bulkan), river (ilog), lake (lawa), and bay/gulf (look) in each of the 17 regions of the Philippines.

(With all due respect to nature and everything that's in relation to it [including people], why can't 6th graders be given essay assignments to test if they really understand their lessons, instead of something as, uhm, trivial as this? It's not as if they'd be ask to memorize each and every mountain in the country...or would they be?)

(In any case, I still think enumeration is the worst kind of exam ever to "grace" my test papers. I've detested it since I figured out my memory's capacity is not enough to store more than 3 facts at a time.)

(I excelled in Algebra yet sucked greatly at Geometry because of those confusing formulas. I almost failed Chemistry [a dangerous and pitiful 85] and DID fail Physics [a whooping shameful 83] when I was in 3rd year high school just because of everything we were supposed to memorize. Damn, I hated high school.)

(I'm sure if the subjects were taught in a more critical manner, instead of the teachers just saying, "You have one week to memorize the Periodic Table of Elements," I'd have understood the topics more. It didn't help that my class' afternoon schedule went like Elective-Physics-Chemistry-Advanced Biology, which would've killed my brain cells if I didn't manage to sleep through most of my classes ^_^)

Anyway, enough bitching. Anything thrown off will be appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home