SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Show Off Your Desktop

I saw this meme on both Lexie and Aja's blogs, so I decided to do it too. For the record, I typed the title of this entry before I dropped a visit to Aja's site. ;)

The "tagged ones" are supposed to post a screen shot of their desktops, and list their top 5 favorite applications.

My desktop actually proves how lame I am when it comes to designing/decorating anything. I really don't bother to find wallpapers or screen savers on the internet; the default ones are always good enough for me. I'm using the Microsoft Windows XP Professional wallpaper. And yes, I suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder, that's why there are only six shortcut icons there: Recycle Bin, Nero StartSmart Essentials, Winamp, GIMP, Firefox, and Pidgin. I obsess on having only one column of shortcuts, and I make sure that what's there are those that are, let's say, important to my offline and online existence.

Instead of listing my top faves, I want to list the top 5 most used and abused applications in my computer. I think they say a lot about me. ;)
  • Mozilla Firefox - I'm becoming more and more frustrated with Firefox these past few months though. Even after reformatting my PC, it starts and runs sooooo sloooowwwwlllyyyy it's killing me. *snorts* I can replace Firefox with any other equally great web browser, sure. I do love Opera, but the extensions, or "widgets" as they call it, are lacking for my taste. I don't think I can live without my favorite Firefox Addons (idea taken from Aja, hehe): ColorZilla, FireFTP, HTML Validator, and Web Developer.
  • Araneae and EditPad Lite (2 counts) - Not the most powerful text editors, but they're both simple and useful enough to meet my absolute needs in coding and editing themes and plugins for WordPress. May it be trick or tweak that I do, they do an excellent job. I also use TopStyle from time to time ever since a good friend gave me a cracked installer months ago.
  • CCleaner (formerly Crap Cleaner) - Because my computer is as old as time, it's quite...slow. Enter CCleaner, one of the best things that ever happened to my PC. It removes unused and temporary files from my system so Windows can run faster. I use this application almost everyday.
  • Calculator - I don't know why I'm so addicted to this program! Grrr! I just open it every freaking minute and do random operations. Maybe that's why I'm getting stupider in Math.
I think that's it! Anyone who wants to take this meme is free to do so. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home