SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dear Naruto

I know I haven't watched you in quite a long while now. I've decided to quit the marathon and take it a few episodes at a time because, quite honestly, your story's getting to be a REAL DRAG. I love Nara Shikamaru, and will continue to love him, but the plot's progress is just, well, retarded. I have to sacrifice seeing my dear Shikamaru, but it couldn't be helped. I had to stop with season 4's end and entertain myself with other anime series.

One of the reasons is the unreasonable amount of time wasted on repeated flashbacks. Y'know, I think flashbacks are fine. In fact, I think flashbacks make sense. They support the current situation in which the character's in. But when it gets repeated too many a time, one longer than the former, it gets tiring. Irritating.

So while I've been abandoning you, I found another love in the form of a different anime series: Bleach. Funnier, truth be told. And I adore Renji and Nova too, the way I adore Shikamaru. It makes me laugh more, and, while there are so many damn characters in the series like you have, they're developed nicely. Heck, even the filler episodes are developed nicely. Not quite up to par with the original manga, but close enough. And the flashbacks are always minimal, if any. See? Cool. (So maybe there's this tidbit about seeing huge breasts and nice cleavege all the time, but that's just a perk)

Your roster of op-ed songs and soundtracks is still one of the best, of course. That won't change. Better than Bleach's (but numero uno still is the bunch of YYH songs I have). I still sing the songs I know in the bathroom, in fact. But...episodes. Plot. Ugh. Dragging. Really. Troublesome. Sorry.

PS: Don't worry, I still love you. And I WILL finish you someday. Maybe when I reach episode 109 of Bleach, which is only 5 episodes away. I've also taken the liberty to finish Ouran Koukou Host Club and Rurouni Kenshin before I got started with Bleach. And, maybe, if I grow tired of you again, I'd finish Fruits Basket in-between. Hope you don't mind. (What's the deal with Cartoon Network always re-starting Naruto anyways?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home