SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Love Letter to Botan (and, coincidentally in a twisted way, KuramaxBotan)

I love you. :)

I don't know how many times I've told you that, but I'm not embarrassed to pull a Kuwabara Kazuma again and again and look like a love-struck fool in front of everyone. I've adored you ever since I saw that oar-flying ball of frenzy with the soft blue hair and eyes the color of brilliant amethyst who helped Urameshi Yuusuke in his missions as a Reikai Tantei. More than 10 years of obsessing over a girl that I know can never be mine.

You are simply the most beautiful girl in all of the anime word...at least, that's what I think and believe. Perhaps there really is some special way that ferry girls cry without always shedding tears, for I can't imagine how long you've dealt with death and still manage to face each day with a smile. You're a loyal and trustworthy employee, a faithful friend, and a brave girl who's willing to sacrifice her whole being for the ones she loves.

People tend to romanticize your character because of your occupation: a Deity of Death, a not-so-grim Grim Reaper, a ferry[wo]man. I can't blame them though; you're a mystery from Yu Yu Hakusho's first chapter up to the last, and the only thing we know about you is your dedication to your job. Everyone is free to speculate what you think, where you're from, or how you feel without contradicting anything canon. You're a chameleon, able to fit right in into whatever world people throw you into.

You've been called bubble-headed. You've been labeled as a ditz. You've been portrayed as stupid. But in my eyes, you're perfect and ever beautiful. You may be a princess to some, a flower to others, an angel to a few, but this I tell you: you're a very special ferry girl to me, and that you will always be.

BUT since you're only a product of Togashi Yoshihiro's genius, I know very well that I can't have you. I'll always be just a spectator of your wonderful adventures with the foul-mouthed delinquent Yuusuke, the sweet yet idiotically dumb Kazuma, the ill-tempered fire demon by the name of Hiei, and the ever-so-polite yet cunning Minamino Shuuichi with his ever-so-cold alterego Youko Kurama. I'll always be just on the sidelines whenever you work side by side with the ungrateful prince of the Spirit World Koenma, his bluer than blue assistant Jorge, and your fiery apprentice Hinageshi. I'll always be just an eavesdropper of your girl-to-girl talks with the Mary Sue Yukimura Keiko, the soft-spoken ice demoness and twin sister to aforementioned fire demon Yukina, the psychic and kickass sister to the idiot Shizuru, and heck, even the pink-haired powerful grandmother Genkai.

I'm just here, content on watching you go about your life without some fat depressed girl making a nuisance out of herself. However, I want you to be happy 'cause you deserve it, so I'm forever pushing you to Kurama 'cause he's perfect for you. You complement each other's personalities. You can brighten up the brooding Shuuichi and tame the spirit fox Youko in him, while he in turn can...well...be his natural self and respect and protect you always. Besides, you two look good together in whatever form. Proofs?

Kurama (Minamino Shuuichi) & Botan - artwork by Candy Pop Kurama (Youko Kurama) & Botan - artwork by Licensed to Kill Kurama & Botan - artwork by Angge
Sighs. What a sight to behold when you two are together. And you even live in the same universe! He always saves you whenever you're in trouble, which is quite impossible for me to accomplish since, well, duh. I'm not even hinting or reading anything into his actions; I'm just stating a fact. He's always there for you, and you for him and his team. You both care for each other. Not like us two, who technically truly don't exist as far as we're concerned.

INSERT: *throws a jealous rage*

I bid my adieu for now, my love. Rest assured that you will always be in my heart, and until such time we can be together, you may play with that gorgeous kitsune however you want. I will take you from him, by force if necessary. Bwahahaha.

Ahem.

Love,
Shari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home