SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Monday, July 28, 2008

My BayanDSL Story, Bow.

I've had only good words for BayanDSL since I became a subscriber late last year. I understand that problems arise at one point or another, from time to time, and --- as I'm a very patient customer --- I rarely ever complain or call in.

Being a dial-up user for years, I was amazed that I could surf the internet for 384kbps and shell out only Php899 for it. Then on November last year, one month of being a BayanDSL user, I was ecstatic when I had a free upgrade to 768kbps, even if Speedtest.net always reports that I've never reached that speed ever --- in fact, my fastest download speed is 381kbps, even with the speed-on-demand thingy. But still, I did not say anything, because, hey, geez, after 6 years in dial-up, bam!, DSL, woosh. Wow.

I've only reported a problem once, and BayanDSL responded the day after, which is actually pretty quick 'cause PLDT normally took weeks to even respond to our queries, even if we constantly follow up on them every other day (it's the reason why we jumped ship more than a year ago). I've been a happy customer, really. Well, I still am, provided that this newly-fixed connection of mine doesn't fuck up on me again today.

For the past 4 days, I've had connection problems that I tried to brush off as huge flukes in the system. I've had numerous excuses in mind just in case I lose my patience: it happens, there's no perfect service, maybe it's typhoon Frank's fault, it's windy today anyway, or whatever else I come up with. I swear, you'd want me as a customer. I'm not demanding as long as you treat me good, and you give me what I want.

Yesterday, I commanded my dear brother Robby to call BayanDSL 'cause I was getting pretty annoyed already. Lags and disconnections are pretty irritating especially when you're directly downloading some huge file --- like, the backup of your whole site, for example. But, lucky me, the latter's exactly what I was doing, and the former's exactly what happened, so....Geez, you get the idea, don't you?

And then came the BayanDSL technician to the rescue. He just left a couple of minutes ago, actually. I asked him about Master Ederic's exciting post last month about BayanDSL's free speed upgrade, which would give my internet connection a speed like Superman's: 1286kbps. He didn't know a thing, but that's fine. I told him I'd call BayanDSL and inquire about it myself.

And so I did. I mean, again, I commanded my dear brother to call the number posted on the website "for details," and the woman with an I'm-better-than-you voice confirmed that, indeed, Plan 899 offers a speed of 1286kbps. "Huzzah!" yelled the little voices in my mind. I did a little victory dance and started to stri---

Oops, erase erase erase. Too much info.

Anyway, so I took the phone receiver from my dear brother and told this woman with an I'm-better-than-you voice that I'm subscribed to the 768kbps speed on Plan 899, and asked her how I can upgrade my speed and if it's for free. She told me something to this effect: "Ah, tawag ka na lang sa *something*something* hotline, number 449---" I told her to wait and wrote down the number as she said it (it's 499 2959, for you BayanDSL subscribers who are interested).

Me: Thank you po!
Her: Okay. *blag*

In case you're wondering, that *blag* is actually the phone being slammed down. Or maybe not being slammed down, but that's what it sounded like to me, because it was so loud, and it was painful, and it was anger-provoking. And after I uttered a very venomous "Bitch!" at the busy tone, I called the hotline number she gave and waited...and waited...and waited....

Okay, so I'm still waiting on the phone write now. See? The recorded voice says I can leave a voicemail, request for a call back, or chat with them. But I'm not exactly into talking with machines, call back is out of the question because my brother will use the phone to connect to the internet via dial-up, and I can't seem to login to their live chat page. I want to talk now. Because if I hold this off, I'd be too lazy to call them again and will eventually forget about it.

Still waiting....

Besides, my dad's taking away the laptop tomorrow. Which means I'll be, well, lonesome again until I enter my adulthood next month. See, in 3 weeks time, I'd have what they call the legal age, and I'd be a very legal hot mama anywhere in the world. Okay, so maybe not a hot mama, but still legal, right?

Ahh, darn. Still waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home