SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Friday, October 19, 2007

Security (Applications) for my Windows XP

Still stuck with Windows XP as my operating system. I want to convert completely to Ubuntu, but that's gonna have to wait until my BayanDSL application gets processed. Kailangang magtiis sa dual-booting. :)

I wanna share my list of the most precious applications I use in my Windows install. Ako kasi yung tipong paranoid; ayoko ng virus, popups, malwares, at kung anik-anik pa. Isa pa, my brother also uses this computer at kung anu-ano ini-install niya, kaya kahit na resource hoggers ang ibang apps, okay lang, basta secured ang computer ko. Eto yung mga apps na gamit ko:
  • CCleaner (formerly Crap Cleaner) - Gaya nga ng nabanggit ko sa Show Off Your Desktop post ko, ito na ata isa sa pinakamagandang nangyari sa PC ko. Ang laking space din ng nababalik sa akin pag ginagamit ko ito.
  • avast! Home Edition - Anti-virus program. Despite some bad reviews I've read about it (read: 2 pa lang, hehe), it does its job well on my computer. I tend to be more partial with simple programs like this and AVG Anti-Virus instead of, say, Norton and McAfee, because they're faster and less resource hungry.
  • a-squared Free - A good complementary program to anti-virus programs.
  • Comodo Personal Firewall - Firewall ko, duh? :p
  • Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware - Free realtime anti-malware program
  • SpyBot S&D - An after the fact scanner. Tsaka may Immunizer din, which is very useful. S&D stands for Search and Destroy ;)
  • SpywareBlaster - This is neither a realtime scanner nor an after the fact scanner; it prevents malwares from being installed in the first place.
Ang dami noh? Sabi na sa inyo eh, paranoid ako. ;)

Kayo, ano'ng gamit niyo?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home