SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Monday, August 11, 2008

Bukas pa kaya!

The funniest thing happened a few hours ago. When I decided to turn it at around 3am, I caught my mom talking with Ate Susan, who's an OFW in Dubai, on her mobile. Of course, I had to make singit on the phone and remind the latter that it'd be my birthday soon, and that I was expecting a gift from her. In a joking manner, of course.

You see, when she went home 2 months ago, she gave my brother and mom lots of stuff, and me, a sweet scent from Benetton (the Hot one). :)) It made for a good joke or two. I told her then what I tell everyone who asks me what I want: perahin mo na lang! :p

Anyway, as soon as I mom got off the phone, she started singing:
Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday...Happy birthday to you!
With matching dance moves pa. I was reading one of my precious fan fictions on my phone then, and I was, like, thinking, "Mom, what the hell are you doing?"

Amused, I told her, "Bukas pa kaya."

"Ha? Anong oras na ba?"

"3:30am."

"Anong date na ba?"

"August 12."

"Ah, ganun ba?"

"Excited ka?"

--- insert hysterical laughs here ---

I bet my mom was thinking I'd be 21, and I'd finally move out of the house. Must be the reason why she was so excited. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home