SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Monday, April 21, 2008

Darkness, Take My Hand

Back in high school, my friend Farina and I asked almost all the teachers from the English department a baffling question. Response varied from one teacher to another (you'd think they'd have the same answer, teaching in QueSci and all). No one could give us a clear answer. It even became a topic for some some groups of classmates.

And until now, I'm still asking myself:

Is Dennis Lehane's book title "Darkness, Take My Hand" (a favorite, really, but unfortunately, I can't find the damn book) a personification or an apostrophe? Or is it, to some extent, both?

Most likely the latter of two, methinks.

Heck, it mght even be called a pathetic fallacy.

On a side note, if you're from QueSci, consider yourself lucky if you have Ma'am Ramos (she's just cool), Ma'am Nicolas (my most favorite, heh), and Ma'am Gapas (she's a personal hero, the one who took me under her wing during my first year in QueSci) in English. They're great teachers. Sir Canaveral is tolerable, just make sure you don't take up French class under him. I know, I hold a grudge against him, nyahahaha (he told me I was a great student, but that was in English class...when I stopped attending his French class, he gave me a failing mark --- a 76, for hell's sake! --- in French AND lowered my English grade considerably...like, by 10 points, from the higher 90's to the mid-80's, just enough for me to pass the class, pfft!). I abhor him. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home