SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I can understand disappointment, but...

not unprofessionalism.

Some agency contacted me and expressed their interest in adversiting on my blog using banners (I don't want to name names). However, since I've long ago stopped putting up banners on my website, I declined, and instead said that I'm willing to put up text links. I don't even have a rate card, kasi di naman ako "gahaman" sa pera. Besides, my blog's fame is long over. Malapit na ang 2008 Philippine Blog Awards, may papalit na sa "trono" ko. Mine is just another blog out there.

Kaya sana, if you can't keep your disappointment to yourself, eh at least act professionally about it. And don't call your prospect advertisers something unpleasant like maarte or ridiculous. Because you try to reach out using blogs, I'd think you know how powerful they can be. And I tell you, if I say one word about you or your company, ikaw ang mawawalan, hindi ako. People still read my blog, so just imagine the bad name you're building for yourself in the online world. Understand that not everyone wants to earn money online that badly.

Y'know, pag Pinoy companies/products/etc nga ang ipa-plug, I normally do it pro bono, or maybe they give me something for exchange as a token of appreciation. I have never received money for blogging about something worthwhile: NeTVision, Philippine Genre Stories, even Sunshine Plata. Proudly Pinoy initiatives ang mga yan. Ako pa nga ang nahihiya pag may binibigay sa akin, like in the case of the first two. Lalo na pag sobrang busy ako't walang oras para gawin ora mismo ang mga sana gagawin ko. Okay pa nga yung method ng Timbuk2 (and it's a plus that the brand manager is HOT, haha) at WikiPilipinas eh; they just invited bloggers in their media events, even if the conference is for a selected few lang (and I'm not even comfortable rubbing elbows with the big time bloggers; I tend to stick to my own kind...those relatively known bloggers who just want to blog).

(That goes without saying that I'll probably turn down invitations to attend the launch of something like Elancyl Anti-Cellulite. Darn, was that uncomfortable! It was held in Ayala Museum, and dapat daw cocktail attire. Even then, I was underdressed, coz it turned out puro socialite ang attendees. At dalawa lang kaming bloggers na invited/um-attend.)

I still get invited sa mga events, like yung DELL Consumer Products launch (na hindi ko napuntahan dahil nakalimutan ko), Spot.PH bloggers tour and trade launch, at kung anik-anik pa. Sometimes I attend them, pag may oras ako (or, more precisely, pag natandaan ko), then blog about them (pag sinisipag ako). Palagay ko, mas effective ang ganyang approach.

Sorry for the "lamentation," pero nakakainis lang kasi. Para akong sinampal sa mukha dahil lang dyan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home