SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Meet my new baby

I told myself I'd cry no longer over spilt milk. It hadn't done me any good moping around for a week for something that was entirely my fault. It just taught me a lesson to be more careful of my things (insert: but I WAS careful...just drunk) AND my sanity when on the outside world.

The experience sucked big time. The one other time that I lost my cellphones was during my year stint in Baguio City, when apparently, my housemates and I forgot to lock one of the windows in our apartment unit, an open invitation for the thief to pick our phones as if they're fishes in the pond. How the crook even got through the gate, we never found out.

When I texted my family to call me, I cried. Nyay. Now that I think about it, it was helluva lot embarrassing. But then, I lost 2 freaking phones, newly loaded with lotsa credits (because I was kinda "rich" back then, and my then-boyfriend and I always talked). Shouldn't have loaded 'em yet, I kept on berating myself.

So, anyway, remember when I told ya'll that my father has lent me money to buy myself a new PDA phone? Well, yeah, here it is: Treo 680. I've bought it secondhand from one of the most trusted sellers on eBay for a thousand more than what I got my old Treo 650 with (needless to say, I got it dirt cheap...and actually, the 650 also came from him...small world). The unit has lots of ignorable scratches, about 12 that I can see (well, in my opinion, that's a lot but that's just because I'm naturally very conscious of those stuff), but it works seamlessly.

Except that it wouldn't synchronize with the laptop...just as the Treo 650 stopped syncing with the laptop a few weeks before I lost it. I don't know what the hell is the problem, except that I'm almost sure it's the laptop that's the problem. I've used 2 different USB cables already. I'm almost tempted to do dual booting on the desktop to find out if syncing would work on it.

I'm just relieved that Documents to Go is built-in on the phone; I wouldn't need to get myself all worked up over installing it just so I could read my precious Kurama/Botan fanfictions. Now I just have to buy a new 2GB SD card and find a way to install Card Export so I wouldn't have to transfer the card from the laptop to the phone.

So...now I have this never-ending lights flashing on my mind, forming the words: BE CAREFUL, IDIOT! And waddaya know, I'm actually thinking of heeding the advice-slash-insult!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home