SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Streaming music on websites

There's a "discussion" in Twitter about music streaming on websites.

I personally hate ANY WEBPAGE that streams music...That's why CSS is turned off in my Friendster account (which is, quite frankly, useless anyway, since I don't even visit Friendster profiles). That's why I don't frequent websites that I know have music embedded on them.

But hey, if that's what the owner wants, who am I to argue?

Kung ma-turn off yung readers/visitors mo, sorry na lang sila.

Dun ka masaya eh, dun ka sisipagin sa profile mo. Kung yun ang driving force mo sa pag-gawa ng website, sige lang.

Hay naku, iba na talaga internet ngayon. People say that web masters must *always* think about the "visitors" first (PARA LANG SA KIKITAING PERA?). I say, especially if you're a PERSONAL BLOGGER, you must always think of YOURSELF first.

What about the owner's own happiness in what s/he's doing, diba?

Oo na, sige, in my time I did advocate web standards and web accessibility (almost like a crazed lunatic), but then, I never once strayed from what my blog's all about, right?

I think, it's not about the visitors' music preference. Ang pinaka-solusyon lang dyan is give the visitors the option to turn the music off (which, sadly, isn't even offered on some sites). That way, you, as the owner, at least please the visitors ('cause, you know, nakakainis makinig sa musikang ayaw mong pakinggan, lalo na kung naka-on yung music player mo sa computer), but at the same time, you don't compromise your own preference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home