SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Because I liked the photo so much...

I decided to make it my Multiply theme.

I've been feeling a little lost since I decided to ditch my old old-school theme a few weeks back, and I flitted from one customized Multiply theme to another, the one from Shai being my favorite. But I wanted something simple and clean, so I decided to make one myself.

Browsing sites that offer royalty free photographs proved to be futile; I just couldn't draw inspiration from them enough to make something out of them.

A few days ago, a feeding program from bloggers was held in Bonifacio High Street and Serendra. I took photos of everything and everyone that caught my eye, and I thought this one, a board of shotglass chess, from Kabisera ni Dencio's was just so cool that I haphazardly took a shot, never minding if it would be a sucker or not.

Needless to say, when I saw the photos from the event, I fancied this one so much that, after so many years, I decided to open up Photoshop and play with it (I'm a Paint Shop Pro and Gimp user). I didn't do anything extravagant with the photo; just added some simple effects and a caption. A simple 5-to-10-minute editing and it was finito.

I downloaded two of my most favorite patterns from --- where else? --- Squidfingers, and made very few edits on the Avlack theme-based CSS in Multiply to come up with my current theme.

Simple and clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home