SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Landbank Robbery. Sad.

Not that I have anything substantial to impart about it, but I'm sure you've heard of the recent robbery of Landbank West Ave branch. It has come as a surprise to my family. My parents both know some people who work there (thankfully, none of them were hurt in the incident). If you don't already know, my dad works in one of the branches of Landbank as an acting assistant manager (still processing his long overdue promotion, methinks) so naturally, he knows someone from there. And, it's fun pulling strings once in a while because of the "connections" (although I'd appreciate it if my dad stops monitoring my bank account).

Anyway, let's just say I went cold all over when I heard the news of the robbery. Although I knew of the possible scenarios that could go on in banks (duh, of course), I couldn't shake myself of the thought that these bankers...these innocent people...their lives are always on the line. They're making an honest living, but no matter how seemingly innocent and glamorous their work is, they're always at stake.

Sad, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home