SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bye Bye Baguio (on the way to Manila right now)

We're currently somewhere along Kennon Road (Camp 1 Shell gasoline station, to be exact) and taking advantage of the free wi-fi here. Still have lots of hours to go to make it to Manila safe and warm.

One proof that Baguio City is no longer my "territory" (as my mom so bluntly puts it) is that we got lost along the way to Good Shepherd (or Mines View, whatever). The rerouting for Panagbenga really has had my mind get blank every frickin time they ask me where to turn or where to go to. I'm actually at loss on how to write my Baguio experience this year. Poor poor me.

Perhaps the thing I most dislike is the fact that I'm with my family. There's this need to be, for lack of better word, "tourists." Sabi ko nga, I've been wanting to go to Baguio TO RELAX in a place where it's naturally cold, NOT to sight-see every minute of the day and go to parks and go to the wagwagan and go to some place where there's lots of people and some things equally tiring. Buti na lang hindi tulad ng iba na every second eh click-click ng camera. Nakakatamad. Blah. Thankfully, we've gone past that stage. Siguro this is one of those things that happen when you get to live in Baguio even for a while. And the "trip down the memory lane" instances really didn't help much at all. I miss my friends. ;(

Anyway, much thanks to the recently promoted OIC of Landbank Naguilian, Ma'am Lina Evangelista (she's my..."courier"...in Landbank Harrison, in front of Burnham Park, back when she was the assistant manager of the branch during my Baguio stint) and her husbanz for letting us stay for a couple of days in her beautiful home. =)

Update next time I feel like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home