SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Thursday, January 24, 2008

My brother blew his last chance

He was permitted to attend school because the school administrators took pity on him when he missed the class field trip. He said he wanted to go back to school when I took the recommendation our shrink asked from the school. I thought everything was going well because Robby didn't say anything to me and he was his usual self (usual self means all the symptoms of autism and ADHD).

Only two weeks, and my brother's back to stay at home. He was not interested in attending his classes (always stayed out, I was told yester night), and his voyeuristic nature kicked in again (gaaaah!!! can't imagine my brother wanking off in public).

We're to continue the home study program until the end of the school year, then he has to transfer. The last chance that the school has given him, he blew. But we just can't get him to talk when he doesn't want to. His selective amnesia always gets in the way.

Looking forward to tomorrow. The pills we're both taking seem to have lost their effect as I'm back to being depressive again and my brother's back to his...world. I hope the shrink has some good explanation for this.

(And while we're at the topic of pills, I don't support the Cheaper Medicine Bill's provision to ban the prescription of branded drugs. My doctor has enough sense to write generic drugs, then enclose the branded one in a parenthesis. I think that's fair enough. Not that I'm against the idea of having cheaper meds, of course. And I do think hospital holidays are cruel. But then, what do I know? I'm not a doctor.)

Hay, pambihira talaga itong kapatid ko. Manang-mana sa ate niya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home