SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Mother's Day" Day Out

Mother & I went to Quiapo & Cubao today to spend some quality time together, which we used to do every now and then anyway (it just so happens that today's the ningen day called the Mother's Day). No, I didn't pamper her; In fact, I tired her out. I had no money to do something "spectacular" for her anyway (and now I even have LESS money, kcuf).

It was fun. We caught up on each other's life stories outside home. Talked about our dislikes for some people.

Talked about showbiz (she showed me a picture of the one called Manager in Eat Bulaga).

Talked about the society (the boycott Nestle campaign and the water I just drank).

Talked about politics (Jun Luzada, and what I think of him and his speeches).

Talked about religion (the Black Suede Scanda and spokesperson of the Archbishop of Cebu...and even the archbishop himself).

Talked about family:

"Hay naku, Nanay. Kung ako sa'yo, 'wag mo nang isipin ang iisipin ng iba tungkol sa akin. 'Wag mo nang pakialamann kung ano man ang opinyon nila tungkol sa akin, dahil simula noong nagloko ako, bumagsak na ang pagkataas-taas na tingin nila sa akin.

You don't have to please them because, whatever opinion they may have on you, you're still the best & greatest mother I can ever ask for."

Drama, no? Even the taxi driver was listening in on our conversation. I guess it was juicy, but then, that's my mom (and moi) for you.

Let's just say that we have what you'd call "sama ng loob."

Only, the feeling is helluva lot stronger and more intense (not to mention more antagonistic) than that.

On the brighter side, I was able to buy *some* of the animes I was itching to watch.

Because I was getting tired of streaming the videos from the internet, I bought the whole original Naruto series DVD set. I also purchased copies of Fullmetal Alchemist (because I heard a lot about it), Bleach (unknowingly pitched by some of the FanFiction.net writes, including Janelle), and GTO ("recommended" by Marcelle) among others.

Never got to buy the 2nd and 3rd season DVDs of NUMB3RS though. The one I had (the 2nd season DVD) was working, but only through halfway of each episode. BUT we found copies of the 2nd & 5th season of Cold Case, 2nd season of Law & Order: SVU, 1st season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and 1st season of the original Law & Order series.

So anyway, now I continue from where I stopped: the 3rd season of Naruto - episode 54! Yay!

I prolly won't go online until I finish this anime.

I'm hooked.

(So you can spoil the story anytime you want, Tammy! Heh!)

Next update will probably have something to do with our society/country/political (in)stability, following the lead set by Marck (aka Marocharim) with his X-List: Five Things I Do to Contribute to the Decay of Filipino Society (for now, let's just say I'm with him on numbers 1 and 4, kinda so-so on numbers 2 [but only on the constraint part] and 5, and, on number 3, well, draw your own conclusion).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home