SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Sunday, May 04, 2008

A Forgotten Hobby: Sketching

Sketching anime characters. I lost my first sketchbook, so these pics are only from my 2nd one.

Sailor Jupiter aka Makoto Kino aka Lita Kino
(and a failed attempt at shading)


Sailor Mars aka Rei Hino aka Raye Hino
(and another failed attempt at shading)


I forgot this character's name, but I think it's, like, Chibiusa or something.


Probably one of my most favorite among the bunch.
Lupin was so easy to sketch because I didn't have to put effort into making him gorgeous.
My first sketchpad had Kazuma Kuwabara aka Alfred of YuYu Hakusho/Ghost Fighter in it,
and it pretty much turned out the same as this one. Heh.


Sailor Mercury aka Ami Mizuno aka Amy Mizuno
One of my nicest ones, I'd like to think, because it's so simple.


I drew Amy about four years ago. It was the last time that I touched my sketchpad to use it after actively sketching for a few months the three years before that.

Lately, I've been trying to draw again with the help of my old Yuyu Hakusho teks (you know, trading cards) from my grade school days. But I can't seem to get into the rhythm, and I don't think I'll ever manage to do it again. Besides, 'di ko nadevelop yung "talent" so I always need something in front of me to copy whenever I draw.

Botan aka Charlene. My favorite anime character ever, haha.
Drawn last month on April 11. First ever attempt since I "quit" sketching.


Hiei & Kurama aka Vincent & Dennis Chibi style.
Of course, binaboy ko si Kurama dahil mahirap siya i-drowing, lulz.


Unfinished sketch of Botan (duh). I normallystart out with the eyes kasi,
and I tried it the other way around, starting with the hair. Don't ask why.

I used to use an 8B Staedtler pencil, complete with my own Staedtler eraser, sharpener, and a shading tool (what's that called again?).

With the newer sketches, I used a 6B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home