SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Monday, May 19, 2008

Funny how TABAK grew on me

When Bongga Ka 'Day played on the radio, I got lost.

Why?

Because the lyrics I remembered was the one I got to memorize during our practices for our Tagis Lakas (Tigas Laki - a sort of beauty pageant for the students of UP Baguio) presentation.

Goes like: Lahat ay nagulat nang buksan ang pinto. GA ng mga tao'y biglang nahinto. blah blah blah. Uwi na kayong lahat, alas siyete na ng gabi...Bongga ka, guard. Bongga ka, guard. Sige na, sige na, 5 minutes na lang. (or was it 10 minutes? forgot, heh)

Sidenote: GA is grand assembly. May "curfew" kasi back then na hanggang 7pm lang pwede mag-stay sa classrooms unless may permit ka or something.

Donning a knee-length maong skirt and a pair of heeled shoes, I made a spectacle of myself.

I danced.

Now that's something you don't see everyday, hahaha.

Luckily, a bunch of my blockmates didn't know it was me (didn't recognize me, actually, hehehe) wild dancing on stage.

Miss ko na CAC6. Miss ko na TABAK. Miss ko UPB.

Miss ko Baguio.

(me remembering something like this is proof enough)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home