SWEET SADNESS: The Sands Chronicles

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Reprieve from My Addiction (aka Rehab Time!)

Things to do, money to earn, and all that jazz. So I've decided to temporarily end the anime insanity and prioritize some other stuff a bit even for a while (it really sucks to have a one-track mind). So here's a longish entry for you.

Oh, right. My favorite in Naruto is indeed Shikamaru, so whoever voted for him got it right. Call it "like at first sight," but I've been extremely charmed by this quite bothered character first time I laid eyes on him. I enjoy his matches during the Chunin Exams. I think it's partly because we're so much alike in many ways, but then, I'm no ninja and I'm certainly no genius. You gotta admit, though, that his intellect is fascinating, and he's...he's...he's....CUTE! Hahaha!

*ahem* Who else were voted? Let's see....

I also like Rock Lee. He's one of the funniest guys in the series (because Naruto is mainly on the annoying side, heh), along with his teacher Guy (who has the most hilarious interaction with Kakashi: "Hm? Did you say something?" the latter asks, disinterested, whenever Guy gets into the topic of their so-called rivalry).

Gaara is cool, but too intense for my liking, but his heartbreaking past just...well...breaks my heart. Orochimaru is creepy, 'nuff said. And Ino? Well, let's just say I like her a little better than Sakura (I mean, seriously, proclaiming your friend as a rival just because you both like the same guy? Ambabaw ha!). :p

Moving on....



I have been unable to write for the past couple of days. It seems as if my mind always draws a blank whenever I try to cook up something for my blog and/or my "secret activity" (that only Janelle aka Miss Phinkness know about, hehe). A quick look on my past entries tells me I've not only been slacking, but I've been also slipping...terribly.

I used to be quite an obsessive person when it comes to my spelling and grammar (You could say that Google is my 2nd best friend; Reference.com is my 1st, with both its Dictionary and Thesaurus). I used to go over my writings at least twice to check for errors. Nope, I was never a Nazi, but I knew the basics, so it should've been enough, right?

Disappointing, really.

I can understand if my diction sucks. I'm not one to use deep and/or complicated words to express how I feel. I'm not even one to beautifully string words together just to impress my readers or something like that. I like simplicity, thus, I use the first simple(st) words that come to mind whenever I write. I kinda like the freedom I have over my choice of words, so I express the enjoyment by writing even the (seemingly) most nonsensical and/or unimportant things.

Take this vignette, for example. You may cringe all you want, but at least I came up with something.
Always the punctual one, Kurama arrived first, his hair unusually bound in a high ponytail. He and Master Genkai, who had just finished her training in the woods, engaged in a conversation about the situation in Makai. About thirty minutes later, the familiar voices of the two former Sarayashiki High delinquents were heard from somewhere down the temple stairs.

“Say that to my face, Urameshi!”

“I already did, you moron! Even now you still can't accept the fact that I'm better than you. Lucky for you, some demons are dumb enough to get beaten by you and surpass your dumbness.”

"Well, of course they'd be beaten by the mighty Kazuma Kuwaba---" I hid a smile when Kuwabara paused, a bemused expression crossing his face. "Are you calling me dumb?"

"No," Yusuke answered sarcastically.

“Oh. For a while there I thought you called me dumb. Anyway, I hope you're not being sarcastic because I'm going to...Hey! Come back here! I'm not done with you yet!”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.”

All of us watched the two exasperatedly, eyebrows twitching at their childish antics. Just like I thought; they never changed. Not one bit. Even if they hadn't seen each other for three years before yesterday, they're still the same old bickering Yusuke and Kuwabara.

“Dimwits,” I heard Genkai mutter under her breath.

“Oi, Botan, where are Hiei and the toddler?” Yusuke asked me as he and his orange-headed friend entered the dojo. Kuwabara, donning his signature Headband of Love, immediately ran to Yukina's side. He took a dainty hand and started sputtering sweet words and proclaiming his undying love to the ice apparition, who was in turn blushing prettily.

I watched the amusing scene for a while then turned to Yusuke. “I sent Lady Mukuro the word about the party and requested her to relieve Hiei of his duties today. I don't know if she persuaded him to come though. Lord Koenma," I stressed the name, looking at Yusuke sternly, "told me yesterday he'd be here. I guess he should arrive any moment now."

“And you guessed right.” We looked at the door, and sure enough, there was my employer in his teenage form, looking all high and mighty except for the fact that he's sucking his pacifier anxiously.

“Hey, Koenma! Good of you to drop by,” Kuwabara yelled.

“Ch! Can the buffoon keep his voice down for a change?” Hiei appeared out of nowhere, looking royally pissed off as always. He flashed Kuwabara a distrustful look.

“Shut up, you shrimp! What the hell are you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be in Makai?” Kuwabara shouted, fists clenched tightly as he threw daggers at the fire demon with his small eyes.

“Hn. I was invited, you oaf! I wouldn't have come if Mukuro didn't insist,” Hiei responded while walking to a corner. Most probably to sulk. His features softened when his gaze rested on Yukina.

Keiko clapped her hands twice and cheerfully announced, “Well, now that we're all here, it's party time!”

"Yeah!" Yusuke and Kuwabara shouted simultaneously and quickly gobbled up as much food as they could consume.

I approached Keiko, Yukina, and Shizuru, then we huddled in a corner of the room. We exchanged a knowing look, and then I quietly said, "I told you we should've cooked more food."
That pretty much sucks. Oh, well. For identifying purposes, here's a photo (click to enlarge):

L-R: Koenma, Botan, Keiko, Yukina, Kuwabara, Yusuke, Hiei, Shizuru, Genkai, Kurama
Tagalized: M. Jericho, Charlene, Jenny, Mikaela, Alfred, Eugene, Vincent, Suzie, M. Jeremiah, Dennis





Most of the time I do succumb to depression, as evidenced by my dark previous entries. It doesn't help that I've ran out of pills and am in need of a new prescription. I'm the type to look back on the past and wonder about the what-could-have-been's and what-should-have-been's. I'm the type to ponder on my regrets, and regret them even more. "Think happy thoughts" just isn't my cup of tea, and even if it is, it won't work on me. I'm too dark a character, to insane a person, to fall for that.

I thought maybe doing the things I loved to do would bring back the passion and will inside of me, but nothing worked. I entertained myself by watching different anime series, but deep down I knew it was all a wasted effort.

WHOA, there I go again.




Now, isn't it more exciting when I blog about sex toys? Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home